Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Well Aren't You Crafty!



Dear Liz,
I'm terribly impressed by your spinning and the potential for spinning on your bike as well! Does it take a long time to make a skein? Did you dye that yourself?

I got distracted last night from the mom sweater.. so I took a wee break to make a little heart for a friend going through a tough time. It took less than an hour (complete with distracted knitting happening while watching NCIS and biggest loser at the same time... and the most complicated part was figuring out which way to sew it closed! haha.

I've been delaying sending holiday thank you notes because
A. I'm a little lazy.
B. I secretly want to send thank you's disguised as Valentines
C. I now want to make a million of these and send them along too!

So now I have many reasons to delay.

On the fitness front, I ran again yesterday, farther than Monday and it felt easier too, which is always a good motivator. The dog is having a blast running twice as much as I am, scampering across the fields and the little stream to chase birds and good smells. This lead to a great night's sleep for both of us.. so much so that I slept through my alarm! I'm also making a conscious effort to drink more water during the day... this is going alongside my non-resolution to minimize the amount of processed food I eat (which translated quickly into SODA!!) which has been a lot easier than I anticipated.

Oh and what is the yarn for that shawl!? It's amaaaazing!!!


Love you,
Charlotte

ps! I told F about our ravelympics team and he thought it was awesome! He wanted to know if you had to register for a certain event or just make it up and most importantly how the medals were given out. One more reason he's a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment