Friday, February 19, 2010

falling off the wagon.

It's been a week since I went on a run.  I feel like the worst kind of person.  Because in that time, errr less time, I have consumed AN ENTIRE DOUBLE BATCH OF HOMEMADE BROWNIES and sat on the couch knitting....

Which has it's perks.  I'm going to finish the damn hat if it kills me.  It finally looks like something, which is nice... The yarn I'm using is the left overs from the sweaters - so it's all mohairy and woolish... meaning blocking will help.

This weekend is heart weekend.  Some great kids will be here that we've known for quite a while.  We got the list yesterday and I cackled looking at the pictures of who's coming.  It's also the photo shoot for clorox this weekend.  Which means I'm going to be ducking and hiding from cameras....  I think my biggest fear would be realized if my mug ended up by accident in the People's 50 Most Beautiful Issue.... haha ;)

I'm envious of your weather.  I'm blaming my lack of effort partially on the fact that it's been horrifically cold and windy...oh and snowy... what the what?!  Today the sun is out and I'm just not sure what to make of it- it feels like a big tease...  I know this time next month, I'll be cursing at needing to use the air conditioning or something, but right now I just want to run without mittens and 5 layers....

I'm having a good music day though, Lena Horne, Love Songs is a fantastic album if you don't have it. I bought it LITERALLY because the cover was just a photo of a magnolia blossom.... I'm a sucker for cover art.... also Cherish The Ladies- it's about that time again to crack out the tributes to Irish heritage :)

Okay, to work.  I need to get you a picture of the mosaic wall I've been working on in Arts & Crafts.  Sometimes it's the little things that get you pumped about showing up in the morning!

happy weekend,
cb

No comments:

Post a Comment