Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Signs of Spring!

While it's snowing in Kentucky (weird!), it's been unseasonably dry and sunny here. I'm only guessing that it's unseasonable due to the usually rainy nature of the Pacific NorthWest. There are many signs of spring in my backyard, and I can't wait to get started on my garden in a couple of months!
I found these beauties hanging out near our garden:
Our plum tree (yes, we have a plum tree) is starting to show some buds:
Check out that lovely blue sky!!

I'm sorry to hear of your unfortunate yarn shopping experience! It seems like a poor choice to "figure out" a new computer system during a sale. I haven't found a stellar yarn shop here, either. Although, it could be because I have high standards after shopping at Purl Diva for the last few years! There is a cute yarn shop down in Eugene in an old victorian house that I bought some baby alpaca fiber from this weekend. I also just ordered some Madeline Tosh yarn from Purl Diva. A lot of MadelineTosh. Like 10 skeins worth. Enough for a sweater (for me), 2 baby blankets and this. I also joined the MadelineTosh yarn club. Okay....enough yarn confessions for today....

I'm excited about the Ravelympics!! I think I'm going to cast on for this for one of the many people I know having babies this spring. And then if I have time I'll probably whip up a baby sweater or booties to go with it.

Congrats on the running!! I'll pass on the good news to Seth when he gets home from work.

Well, I'm off to make some homemade pizza for dinner....I haven't had it since before I left for Hawaii!

Love,
liz

No comments:

Post a Comment