Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Back to the Mainland



Charlotte,

I thought I'd do several posts over the next few days to share some pictures of my trip to Hawaii! I arrived home this morning after taking a red eye from Honolulu. Hawaii was beautiful and the weather was heavenly!

My Mom and I went to the Polynesian Cultural Center on Wednesday, which was really interesting and fun! My Grandma sat that trip out since she's been about 6 or 7 times. The Cultural Center has the islands of Polynesia represented, and each island does demonstrations and there is some entertaining audience participation.

There is also a canoe pageant down the "river" through the center:

This guy did the demonstration for Samoa:
He made fire with 2 sticks and a coconut husk, broke open a coconut and then made coconut milk. Another person from Samoa climbed the coconut tree:

This cutie was part of the luau at dinner:

After dinner there is a huge show that has dancing and music and fire twirling:
Off to unpack and start laundry....and then take a nap (4 hours of sleep on the plane was NOT enough).

Miss you!
liz

No comments:

Post a Comment