Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Let the Games Begin!

Charlotte,

I hope you had a wonderful weekend with F and that all the crazy East Coast weather didn't interfere with travel plans! Seth and I took a trip up to Portland on Saturday for some good food, yarn shopping (Seth was psyched about that-and was particularly impressed by the electric ball winder at one of the shops), REI, and rock climbing at the gym. I checked out 2 yarn shops: Knit Purl and Dublin Bay Knitting. At Knit Purl I was enlightened about a Yarn Crawl in March, which includes 15 shops in the Portland metro area!

I've also been working on my Ravleympics project, an Heirloom Baby Blanket with MadelineTosh DK yarn:

Last night I needed a break from the blanket, so I decided to whip up a pair of French Press Slippers with Malabrigo yarn.

Pre-felting:

Post-Felting:

And a picture of the lovely flowers Seth brought home for me:

Well, as much as I would like to spend the rest of the day crafting....there is a pile of laundry calling my name.

Love,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment