Friday, February 5, 2010

While I'm waiting around for the plumber...

We have a clogged pipe near the washing machine which causes the water to back up (and then overflow) into the sink next to the washer.....hence the waiting around for the plumber. So I thought I'd write you a quick note to share a finished sweater and some yarn I finished spinning!

I started with these two roving braids:

And ended up with this lovely yarn! I still have half of the roving left to spin so I'm hoping to end up with around 600 yards to make a Mara Shawl (but I promise I won't wear it like a bandana!)


I finally finished my Tea Leaves Cardigan as part of a Knit-a-Long at Purl Diva. I'm really pleased with the way it turned out. I had a bit of a freak-out moment when I blocked it and it grew in length quite a bit. But per Ellen's advice I threw my swatch in the dryer to see what would happen (the yarn is superwash wool), and then put the sweater in. It shrunk just enough, and it fits perfectly now!

I'm off to continue to wait for the plumber to arrive....

Love,
liz


No comments:

Post a Comment