Wednesday, February 3, 2010

welcome home

It's been exciting on the weather front here too- snow -not just snow, but accumulation of snow occurred during this past weekend! We had a family weekend- seven families braved the conditions to come out- just in time for us to get hit by about 5-7 inches of very wet snow on Saturday morning by 7 am!! This meant lots of shoveling in the early morning hours, which was fun, as it was camp people and their typical enthusiasm :)

In knitting notes, I finished the hearts for haiti coat for baby Natalie (friend from high school had a preemie baby the same day as baby Charlotte. She's been at Boston Children's due to some big issues etc.. but is finally home in Vermont. It was a quick knit and I used the same yarn as the snuggly I made Charlotte this fall from Purl Diva :)

I'll post some pics tomorrow after I block it tonight. Also almost finished with the sweater that wont die (mom's...)... still have a sleeve....

Made a really good pasta sauce the other night -the basic sauce, plus squash and a dash of cream... rather indulgent :)

I also had a good start to the running week- did my long run, just five this week, AFTER the weekend on Sunday night. A friend snuck me into the YMCA in Scottsville, as there was too much snow on the ground to run on the road... fun fun!

Post more later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment